Everything Else Growth Personal

Just Start. Take Two.

November 26, 2015

“The best way to GET STARTED is to quit talking and begin DOING.” – Walt Disney

I could think of a million-and-one reasons why today shouldn’t be the day I “officially” launch my blog. (1) The blog banner is still a work-in-progress (2) I’m not completely happy with the blog design (3) I need a more attractive better bio photo (4) my About page is half done (5) my posts are not scheduled in an editorial calendar (6) Google Analytics is not installed (7) my social media channels do not have a consistent look-and-feel… and the list goes on.

Then, I realized that all of these excuses concerns is really just the Type A marketing manager in me speaking. Talk about occupational hazard. Really, with my domain name registered, web hosting in place, and WordPress installed, today is as good as any other for my first post. So, here we go!

…………………………..

I first heard about blogs when I was a teenager, but never really paid much attention to it until university. As part of a group project, I started and maintained two blogs – one for Digital Media Across Asia on “social media for business conferences”, and another for Strategic Brand Management on “branding for LEGO”. Both blogs died a natural death after receiving an A, and lasted only as long as the semester did – 15 weeks.

More recently, I started discovering and reading blogs like enJOY it by Elise Blaha Cripe, A Beautiful Mess by Elsie & Emma, Yes and Yes by Sarah von Bargen, Oh Happy Day by Jordan Ferney, The Daily Tay by Taylor, A Cup of Jo by Joanna Goddard, and Local Adventurer by Esther and Jacob. I enjoy reading these blogs because they are personal, original and fueled with passion. I am inspired by the authentic voice of their owners, and they made me realize that apparently there’s a whole world out there called “Blogosphere” that I’m yet to be a part of, and I don’t much like missing out.

This blog was first started over a year ago on my birthday – 1 year, 3 months, 22 days to be exact. I had just successfully bought the domain “www.feliciachia.com” and couldn’t believe that no other Felicia Chia in the world had thought of registering it! It’s just one of those names that’s always taken on social media by the time I join, and it’s especially annoying when they take it and not use it. Yes, I’m looking at you Felicia Chia of Instagram and Felicia Chia of Twitter. Anyways, I digress. So, with the domain all mine *evil laughter*, I started a blog. What else would I do with a new domain? I didn’t really know what I was doing, so I didn’t do much with this blog. Here’s take two.

I am not an out-there, hey-everyone-look-at-me type of person when it comes to online and social media. Nothing against it, but it’s just a lifestyle that I have not successfully lived out. Yet here I am, changing that and taking the plunge by re-starting this blog; this time with a real purpose.

I’ve been in the ‘working world’ for 3 years, which according to society also makes this my 3rd anniversary as a real adult. As I sunk deeper into adulthood, I found it harder to stay true to my own idea of happiness with the collective noise of everyone else’s idea of happiness louder than mine. I finally decided on my 27th birthday that if there was a ‘secret formula’ to personal happiness, it is when we learn to hit ‘pause’ and ‘play’ in our lives. Pause + Play is all about making happiness happen by slowing down, being present and having more fun. I created this blog to share about all the things I am doing and learning to stay true to my idea of happiness… with a little humour, honesty and some randomness along the way.

And now, for a short self-introduction… Hi! I’m Felicia. I am 27 years old, born in Singapore, raised between Singapore and Dallas, now living back in Singapore. I am… adventurous, conscientious, creative, decisive, down-to-earth, energetic, enthusiastic, friendly, fun, geeky, honest, independent, optimistic, organized, random, self-motivated, sociable, spontaneous, witty, and a recovering perfectionist. I believe these personality traits of mine will eventually come through here, and I hope you’ll stick around so we can get to know each other better!

If you have a blog/website, I would love to follow you too, so please leave a link in the comment box below!

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply Ralphfub February 15, 2017 at 12:16 am

adequate website http://xnxx-love.com

• Reply AndrewDew February 19, 2017 at 1:14 am

Существует такая услуга – добровольное медицинское обслуживание .
    Она предполагает, что вы платите небольшую сумму за то, что ходит на прием целый год бесплатно.
    Однако соцопросы показали, что лишь 3% жителей города знают об этом.
    Почему так происходит?
    Да потому что клиникам намного выгодней сдирать с людей деньги за каждое посещение.
    А если какой-нибудь сотрудник клиники посоветует добровольное медицинское обслуживание клиенту – это сулит ему увольнением.
    Эта информация уже вызвала множество скандалов, сразу после того как информацию об этом рассекретил один возмущенный врач.
    Его уволили , после того, как он посоветовал ДМО своему пациенту.
    Самое удивительное, что официальные положения по ДМО находятся в открытом доступе, просто находили на эту информацию единицы.
    Как отстоять свои права?
    О правилах оказания такой услуги и обязанностях клиник можно узнать, просто вбив в Яндекс фразу: “добровольное медицинское обслуживание”.
    И именно обслуживание, а не страхование.

34j5c6h86

• Reply Ronaldzoorn February 22, 2017 at 7:01 am

Оформленение санитарной книжки в ростове на Дону – Оформленение санитарной книжки в ростове на дону срочно, Санитарная книжка за 1 день в ростове на дону официально.

• Reply MichaelCoepe March 23, 2017 at 9:28 am

corporate site http://shoes-shopping.com/

• Reply Sunny May 16, 2017 at 4:47 pm

Hi all,I'm using subdirectories to separate each country-relevant section within the same gTLD, but instead of country codes (fr, es) as in this post's examples, I'm using country names (france, sp:ma)awww.exaiple.com/france/..www.exnmple.com/spain/..I feel this allows users who do not understand country code abbreviations to still understand which country's section they're under.However, from an SEO standpoint, can I assume search engines are intelligent enough to recognize country names and to geo-target those sections to their respective countries?

• Reply SantosArina May 16, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Мало беспокоиться о самочувствии родного малыша – надо производить решительные действия для его защиты. Причем поручить данный вопрос следует исключительно опытным проверенным педиатрам.
    На сегодняшний день помощь личного доктора по карману далеко не всем гражданам РФ. А ходить по любому вопросу в поликлинику, отстаивать длинные очереди и подвергать ребенка риску заразиться вирусами от иных детей – тоже не вариант.
    К счастью, разные частные клиники дают оформить программу Детского Добровольного Медицинского Обслуживания (ДМО), которая помогает за несущественную сумму приобрести полис на одногодичное обслуживание у врачей.
    К сожалению, не многие люди осведомлены о такой услуге и продолжают лечиться народными способами, выжидают длительное время в очередях и переплачивают за посещения частных докторов.
    А программа Добровольного Медицинского Обслуживания для детей позволяет:
    ” Бесплатно получить больничный лист по уходу за ребенком;
    ” Бесплатно обследоваться у индивидуальных врачей педиатров;
    ” Бесплатно или со скидкой проходить лечебные процедуры и диагностику;
    ” Лечить чадо вовремя, качественно и без очередей.
    Чтобы ознакомиться со списком клиник и условиями предоставления лечения необходимо написать в поиск Яндекса или Google ключевое выражение: “Добровольное Медицинское Обслуживание”. После этого необходимо подобрать понравившуюся клинику и оформить договор.

34j5c6h87